|Birth Date||December 26, 1989|
|Origin||Minamibōsō City, Chiba Prefecture|
|ANN Profile||Anime News Network|
|LINE Bot||LINE Bot|
Sora Tokui was born on December 26, 1989 in Minamibousou City, Chiba Prefecture, Japan. Her most commonly-used voice actress nickname is "Soramaru." She voices Nico Yazawa in Love Live!. She also voices the supporting characters Cocoro Yazawa, Cocoa Yazawa, and Cotaro Yazawa.
Her call-and-response during concerts begins with a variant of "Sore dewa minna-san go issho ni" (lit. And so everyone together now), followed by a simultaneous "Nico Nico Nii~" with the audience. During the 5th live, she added the secondary line "Dai ginga uchuu?" (lit. Milky Way Universe?), to which the audience responds "Number one!" This is a reference to Season 2 Episode 4 where Nico proclaims herself the Number 1 Idol in the Universe.
Her parents work as karate-practitioners, and she has a younger brother.
She graduated from Dwango Creative School, a voice-acting/vocalist training school operated by MAGES. Inc.
Starting December 2009, she has been a member of the singer group Milky Holmes (alongside Suzuko Mimori), which consists of the four main voice actresses in the media franchise Tantei Opera Milky Holmes.
In 2011, her 4koma Mahou Shoujo Jitaku-chan began serialization in Otapoke magazine.
In April 2012, she was appointed as the tourism ambassador for her hometown of Minamibousou in Southern Chiba Prefecture.
Personality & Hobbies
Her favorite foods include Pepsi Nex, white rice, salmon, and meat. Her disliked foods include boiled eggs, tofu and tomato juice.
As older footage shows, she formerly was in the habit of referring to herself using the masculine pronoun "boku," revealed via interviews to be unwittingly cultivated through practicing her lines for Yuzurizaki Nero repeatedly.
For undisclosed reasons, she is very deterred by going down flights of stairs, a fact well known amongst her fellow voice actresses, as shown in this Milky Holmes clip where Kitta Izumi is jokingly mimicking her performance. This was also shown especially in the 4th live, where there were two back-up dancers who escorted her down the stairs for "Niko puri♥Joshi dou", as well as her unsteady descent at the start of "Kaguya no Shiro de Odoritai".
Jitaku-chan, the main character of Mahou Shoujo Jitaku-chan, is based largely on the personality and experiences of Tokui Sora, a self-admitted "home security guard" (自宅警備員, a term used to describe stay-at-home nerds).
She is a huge fan of Neon Genesis Evangelion, and in particular, the character Asuka Langley Soryu which she has cosplayed in multiple occasions. She credits Miyamura Yuuko, the voice actress for Asuka, as the inspiration for her to become a voice actress herself. On 6 February 2015, she displayed a screenshot showing her donation to a crowdfunding project to send a replica of the Spear of Longinus to the moon.
- For a collection of translated interviews and videos, please refer to Translated Voice Actress Content.
|Dengeki G's Magazine January 2011 - Character Interview |
Nice to meet you! It's the super indoors-type Tokui Sora. Nico-chan is full of energy and is cute, and her catchphrase "Nico Nico Nii♪" has caught my interest. Whether it's her nature or a calculated act is a riddle, but acting in the "Nico world" with everything I have is always fun.
A word for the readers
|Dengeki G's Magazine Interview Before Final Live|
|Q1: Please tell us what is something that can't be missing when doing a μ's concert!|
Breakfast! As expected, lives require lots of energy, so I always eat breakfast properly! And then my manicure too, I always do them shinily to my taste before any large concerts. Our costumes have lots of sparkling things too, so matching the costumes is the best! (lol)
Q2: Tell us what you feel about the final solo concert, as well as a message for the readers!
|Dengeki G's Magazine Arigatou Project (Part 3)|
My much, much, much beloved Nico-chan!
The times all nine of us take the stage really feel like a dream.
Even though it's the Final Live, I'll always, always be with Nico-chan even from here on, the nine members of μ's will aaaaaaaaaaalways be great friends, too!
I won't forget your smile from here on! Because it's leading everyone else on! Nico-nico-nii♡
Let's always, always be good friends, even after the Final Live♡
My precious treasure, Nico-chan♡
From Tokui Sora
MESSAGE FOR YOU!
Thank you all very much for supporting μ's during these six years!!! Just like the tagline "A story realized together", it's all thanks to everyone that we really had a lot of our dreams granted. What was your dream six years ago? During these six years filled with lots of singing, I would be happy if μ's managed to become a part of your strength. Though it's the Final Live, μ's will still always, always be μ's from here on! Please let us cheer for your dreams from here on, too! Thank you all very much for these six years!
- Due to her long working history with Mimori Suzuko, the pair enjoys a tight friendship. They often celebrate their birthdays together with other voice-actresses from Milky Holmes.
- She also is a heavy fan of the NicoMaki pairing alongside Pile, though her relationship with the other voice actress does not appear to be as close as to other members of the team, possibly a result of a lack of collaboration opportunities. Nevertheless, BiBi as a unit have said they get along well during the interview compiled in the 5th Live's pamphlet, and both Yoshino Nanjo and Pile address and refer to her by her given name directly without any honorifics or suffixes, showing their familiarity.
- She is the only member to have consistently addressed Yoshino Nanjo and Aya Uchida as "Nanjou-san" and "Uchida-san" respectively, out of respect for their seniority to her in the voice acting industry.
- She reviews her JP Wikipedia article from time to time, and has pointed out inaccuracies in it; however, she does not seem to have edited the article despite noting its inaccuracies.
- She can sing μ's songs and anime songs well during karaoke. 
- The ninth and last episode of the program Emitsun Fight Club was aired on December 26, which also happens to be her birthday. Fellow voice actresses Emi Nitta, Yurika Kubo, and Riho Iida held a tiny celebration for her, much to her surprise.
- She has stated that "Natsuiro Egao de 1, 2 Jump!" is the most special μ's song for her because it was the first song that Nico was the center for while performing.
- Please refer to this voice actress' Image Gallery.